Zuiderhof Cemetery was designed in 1958 by Dudok and has been extended with a crematorium in one of the existing service buildings. The existing lodge has been transformed into a condolence area and small auditorium. The new functions will enable different ways of taking leave and mourning.
The national listed building ensemble is characterised by an orthogonal construction of buildings, avenues and burial areas. A large forecourt, flanked on three sides by an elegant colonnade, forms the entrance to the cemetery. The auditorium by Dudok, restored some years ago, is located behind the forecourt. The area around the forecourt has been redesigned and an auxiliary building houses an office and a point for collecting ashes. The crematorium is situated in the workshop.